Visit the HockeyEd site to continue your umpiring journey with our online learning.
|NEXT STEP… LEVEL 2
Take the next step in your umpiring career. Find out more about the Level 2 Indoor Umpire qualification.
Who should become a Level 1 Indoor Umpire?
The Level 1 Indoor Umpire program is perfect for players, parents and umpires who are involved in umpiring indoor club hockey, intra-state championships and lower age-level Australian Championships.
Minimum requirements to undertake Level 1 Indoor Umpire qualification?
There are no minimum requirements. It is an enjoyable and convenient training program. The Level 1 training program is designed to train umpires in the fundamental concepts of umpiring, including fitness, positioning, signals and ensuring the safety and enjoyment of players.
How to get the qualification
There are five easy steps to gain your Level 1 Indoor Umpire accreditation.
1. Visit the HockeyEd site and log into your account. If you are new to HockeyEd, you can create an account by filling in a few of your details.
2. Once Logged-in, you can register for the Level 1 Indoor Umpire Accreditation ($50 payable through PayPal) by clicking on ‘indoor umpire’, then ‘Level 1 indoor umpire’. Here you can view the learning material which is categorised in four sections; manage self, manage athletes, manage others, manage environment.
3. Once you have read learning material, there is an online component you must complete – Play by the rules – PBTR-Child Protection.
4. Attend a 2-4 hour practical workshop conducted by your State/Territory Association.
5. Finally, you download the Practical Competency Checklist and organise with your local HockeyEd Coordinator to have your umpiring practically evaluated during one match (one match minimum).
Find a course
Contact your local state/territory HockeyEd Coordinator for your nearest course.
Career next step
If you are interested in umpiring high level club hockey, high level intra-state championships and higher level Australian Championships please visit the Level 2 Indoor Umpire page.